Calendar of Events
As the year unfolds, there will be many opportunities for the UVM-Burlington community to engage with the Ecological Design Collaboratory through a variety of workshops, presentations, and design competitions. The calendar is evolving and emerging, so check back regularly for details and updates!
- First round of NR 16: Ecological Citizenship course modules offered to students at GreenHouse RLC
- Field trips to Shelburne Farms to source local building materials.
- Tuesday, November 19th, 6:00pm-8:00pm: Official Opening of the EDC at GreenHouse
- Guest Speakers: Felix Wai - Socially Engaged Ecological Design and Scott Carlson - Skills-Based Learning in Higher Education
- Launch of the Living Place Design Competition: Creating a Community Crossroads for Ecological Design by students in the Catalyzing Ecological Design course at UVM.
- Tour of the Ecological Design Collaboratory Workshop in located at GreenHouse RLC Room 9.
- Art Walk and hors d'oeuvres with prints on display from Davis Te Selle and students from Susan Bray's Environmental Art course.
- Open Space for collaborating with local designers, high schools, university staff and students.
- Entries to design competition submitted
- Place-based ecological design course on Andros Island in the Bahamas
- Finalists in the Living Place Design Competition will be announced at Main Street Landing in Burlington, VT from 4:00-6:00pm on Saturday, February 22nd.
- Second round of NR 16: Ecological Citizenship courses offered to students at GreenHouse RLC
- Offering of a three-credit course featuring the forest-to-furniture design-build process
- Culmination of the community design competition
- Offering of a three-credit course utilizing the outdoor courtyard workshop to build greenhouses from recycled materials for local organizations