UVM Consulting Archaeology Program
Archaeological Links:Jump to World and National Site Links
New England Sites:
- Abbe Museum Celebrating Maine 's Native American Culture, Arts & Archaeology
- Council for Northeast Historic Archaeology
The Council for Northeast Historical Archaeology (CNEHA), founded in 1967, is a non-profit organization dedicated to archaeological scholarship in the American Northeast.
- Eastern States Archaeological Federation
Notes from the 1996-1997 ESAF meetings
- Graduate Program in Historic Preservation at the University of Vermont
Program Information, Course Listings, a Web Journal, and Contact Information
- Hudson Museum at the University of Maine at Orono
Excellent On-Line Museum, Educational Resource, and Gift Shop
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum
Through nautical exploration, hands-on exhibits, and learning adventures for all ages, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum brings the stories of Lake Champlain and its people to life. (Great educational site).
- Maine Archaeological Society
Great Resource for Maine Archaeology.
- Maine Historic Preservation Commission
Established through a legislative act in 1971, the Maine Historic Preservation Commission is the state agency which functions as the State Historic Preservation Office in Maine
- Mount Independence State Historic Site
Mount Independence : the least disturbed major Revolutionary War site in the United States today
- Preservation Trust of Vermont
Great Site for Local Information
- Rehabilitation Investment Tax Credit
Vermont Tax Information
- State-Owned Historic Sites
Lots of info on Vermont 's Historic Sites
- Unverwater Preserve System
Info on Diving in Lake Champlain
- University of Vermont Center for Research on Vermont
Information on the Vermont Studies Program
- Vermont Archaeology Society
The Vermont Archaeological Society (VAS) is a non-profit organization comprised of professionals and non-professionals committed to archaeology. VAS embraces the interests of prehistoric, historic, underwater, and industrial archaeology.
- Vermont Arts Council
Enriching People's Lives and Strengthening Community through the Arts
- Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing
In these pages we hope you will discover the special qualities of our Green Mountain State
- Vermont Division for Historic Preservation State Historic Preservation
Guide to Division for Historic Preservation Services, Community Services and Certified Local Government Program, Vermont Downtown Program, Historic Site Information: State and National Registers of Historic Places, Financial Incentives and Funding Sources, Vermont State-Owned Historic Sites, Other Resources: History, Architecture, Doing Research, Technical Information, Preservation Planning
- Vermont Heritage Network
Historic Architecture, Sites, Preservation, Legislation, and Education
- Vermont Historical Society
Our web-site is here to help you learn more about Vermont 's past. Exhibits, teaching materials, library books, archival resources, and publications are all available.
- Vermont Life Magazine
Whether you're a Vermonter or simply want to learn more about the Green Mountain State, Vermont Life is your insider's guide to the secret places, special character and things to see and do in this uniquely beautiful place
- Vermont Museum and Gallary Alliance
Search Engine for Museum's, Gallery's, and Historic Sites in Vermont.
World and National Sites:
- Anthropology Resources
The American Anthropological Association's page for important anthropological links.
- Anthropology Resources on the Internet
Journals, Methods, Jobs, Universities, Institutes, Directories, Anthropology, and Archaeology
- Archaeology Magazine on the Internet
On-Line Magazine published by the Archaeology Institute of America.
- Archaeology on Film
Database of films related to Archaeology. Reviews, comments, and an opportunity for you to submit your own reviews.
- Archnet: The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Archaeology
Links to Academic Departments, Museums, and Journals. Site is not up-to-date.
- Canadian Archaeological Association
News and information about Canadian archaeology. Learn how you can attend and participate in the annual CAA meetings, and much more.
- Chicago Anthro Exchange
Link to Anthropology Library at the University of Chicago
- Journal of Field Archaeology
Published by Boston University, this site has current and archived issues.
The most comprehensive database of print media in North America. Features 35,000 magazines/journals/tabloids, 24,000 newsletters, and 11,000 newspapers.
- National Archaeological Database
A computerized communications network for the archeological and historic preservation community--is an internationally recognized source of information on public archeology. NADB ("Nad-Bee") was established to meet a congressional directive to improve access to information on archeological activities nationwide.
- National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
NCPTT's Preservation Technology and Training Grants program remains our most prominent means of stimulating new ideas in preservation and conservation technologies.
- National Park Service Links to the Past
Explore America 's Past, Use Tools for Learning, Find Grants and Assistance, and See What's New.
- National Register of Historic Places
Research, Travel, Education, Publications, and How-to-List a Property.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
News, Preservation Magazine, Travel Programs, About the National Trust, Law and Public Policy, Preservation Books, and Historic Sites.
- The Society for American Archaeology
About SAA, Careers and Opportunities in Archaeology, Education, Government Affairs, Meetings, Publications, and more.
- Texas A&M
List of North American Archaeological Links
- USDA Research Database (Community of Science)
Find Funding, Promote your Research, Access Experts, and Explore Marketplace.
- World Archaeological Congress Home Page
The World Archaeological Congress (WAC) is an international forum for discussion for anyone who is genuinely concerned with the study of the past. Site is out-dated.
- World-Wide E-mail Directory of Anthropologists
Small, but growing database of Anthropologists from around the world.
Last modified June 16, 2011