Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Teaching Award
- By Office of the Provost
Each year, a faculty or staff member that teaches part-time, will be awarded the Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Teaching Award. All part-time faculty (and staff that teach part-time) and satisfy the award criteria, are eligible for consideration. Eligible faculty may be nominated by a dean, a department chair, or faculty within the academic discipline of the nominee.
All part-time faculty (and staff that teach part-time) who satisfy the criteria below are eligible for consideration. Eligible faculty may be nominated by a dean, a department chair, or faculty within the academic discipline of the nominee. Nominations must include the following (in this order):
- Letter of nomination from the faculty member's department chair or program director
- Letter of support from the faculty member's dean
- Up to two internal letters of support from faculty members at UVM; one letter can be from outside the nominee's home department or school
- Nominee's current CV
- Optional supporting materials (e.g., one course syllabus or other evidence of innovative teaching; limited to two documents)
Nominations must be submitted in a single bookmarked PDF file, with the subject line “Part-time Teaching Award” to Jennifer.Diaz@uvm.edu.
The Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs will appoint and chair a review committee to make final recommendations to the Provost for the award.
The Award will be made to a qualified recipient annually. Along with the Award, the awardees will receive a cash prize of $2,500.
- At least 18 credits of teaching at UVM within the previous two calendar years
- Three or more years of teaching at UVM
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and pedagogy innovation
- Evidence of inclusive practices in teaching and commitment to diversity
- Notable achievement(s) in teaching, scholarship, or service recognized beyond the University that bring recognition to the department, program, college or school
Nominations are due by February 10, 2020.