The Office of University Relations represents the University of Vermont in numerous state venues, including state agencies, public and private organizations, and the Vermont legislature. In addition, the office:
- Works closely with the President and Provost and other senior academic and administrative officers to educate the citizens and leaders of Vermont about the priorities, programs, resources and needs of the University
- Serves as a key contact point for communications between the University and state leaders
- Manages a comprehensive process to monitor and influence state legislative and regulatory activity and executive policies affecting higher education and the University of Vermont
- Coordinates the University's participation on the Commission on Higher Education Funding and other state committees and councils important to the University community
Vermont's economy benefits from UVM programs and partnerships. President Tom Sullivan discusses UVM's four pathways to success in this Vermont Chamber of Commerce Webinar.
State of Vermont Links
- The State of Vermont
- Vermont Legislature
- Legislative Directory
- Legislative Service
- State Employee Telephone Directory
- Vermont Statutes Online
- Vermont Economic Stimulus
- Governor's Office
- Secretary of State's Office
- Treasurer's Office
- Vermont State Archives
Clarence Davis, State Relations Director
Clarence E. Davis attended public and private schools in the Bronx, NY. He has served in the United States Navy and is a graduate of Norwich University, The Military College of Vermont. Additionally, Clarence has completed a four-year legal clerkship and is eligible to practice law in Vermont upon admission to the Vermont Bar.
He has experience in a wide variety of state and local public policy subject areas. Clarence’s expertise is in strategic planning, public relations, relationship building, organizational analysis, regulatory compliance, policy development and implementation. He also has extensive experience in problem solving and consensus building in rapidly evolving business and political environments.
Clarence has served as a Congressional Assistant to the Honorable Bernard Sanders; Development Underwriter for the Vermont Housing Finance Agency, Director of HomeOwnership Programs for the Central Vermont Community Land Trust, and as Vice President and Vermont State Manager for First American Title Insurance Corporation. He now serves as Director of State Relations for the University of Vermont.
A passionate believer in community service, he was elected to the Burlington City Council in 2006 where he served the residents of Burlington until 2010.
Clarence’s community service has included serving as a Member of: the Northern Lights Advisory Board, the Parallel Justice Commission, and the Women’s Rape Crisis Center. Clarence is currently the Chair of the King Street Center Board of Directors and the Chair of Aikido of Champlain Valley Board of Directors. Most recently he was appointed to serve as a Commissioner for the Burlington Housing Authority.
Last modified November 01 2013 03:49 PM