The Office of University Relations represents the University of Vermont in numerous state venues, including state agencies, public and private organizations, and the Vermont legislature. In addition, the office:
- Works closely with the President and Provost and other senior academic and administrative officers to educate the citizens and leaders of Vermont about the priorities, programs, resources and needs of the University
- Serves as a key contact point for communications between the University and state leaders
- Manages a comprehensive process to monitor and influence state legislative and regulatory activity and executive policies affecting higher education and the University of Vermont
- Coordinates the University's participation on the Commission on Higher Education Funding and other state committees and councils important to the University community
Vermont's economy benefits from UVM programs and partnerships. President Tom Sullivan discusses UVM's four pathways to success in this Vermont Chamber of Commerce Webinar.
Wendy Koenig, Director of Federal and State Relations
Wendy Koenig has a broad range of experience relating to higher education, politics and business. She began her career in Washington, DC, working for a grass-roots lobbying firm on defense appropriations issues. Over the course of her career, she went on to work for a higher education search and consulting firm, opened a flag-ship office for a new media company in New York City and moved to Vermont in 2001 to head up the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges. While there, she served her 18 member colleges by lobbying on the state and federal levels, coordinating joint academic programs and professional development activities, and procuring grants and federal funds. In July 2008, she joined the staff of the Office of University Relations at UVM as the Director of Federal Relations. In 2015, Ms. Koenig became the Director of Federal and State Relations for the University.
Ms. Koenig has served on a number of non-profit boards including, The Girl Scout Council of Vermont, The Vermont Teacher Diversity Scholarship Program and is a member of the Board of Trustees at Sterling College. Wendy enjoys sailing on Lake Champlain with her partner Greg Tomczyk. During the long winter, you can find her baking or reading historical fiction.
Relevant Website LinksOffice of the President
- The State of Vermont
- Vermont Legislature
- Find and track bills
- Legislative Directory
- Legislative Service
- State Employee Telephone Directory
- Vermont Statutes Online
- Governor's Office
- Secretary of State's Office
- Treasurer's Office
- Vermont State Archives
Last modified September 25 2015 10:49 AM