- Our Center
- Graduate Certificate
- Funding/ Assistantships
- Graduate Research
- Job Opportunities
FFY 2003 Research Projects
PROJECT TITLE: New England Transportation Consortium Research Study 03-6: Fix It First Utilizing the Seismic Property Analyzer and MMLS to Develop Guidelines for the Use of Polymer Modified Thin Lift HMA vs. Surface Treatments
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR(S): Walaa S. Mogawer, PI, UMass Dartmouth; Jo Sias Daniel, Co-PI, University of New Hampshire
ANTICIPATED COMPLETION: 12/30/2012
- Define and compare thin lift overlay maintenance mixes and surface treatments currently used in the New England States.
- Evaluate the thin lift overlay maintenance mixes and surface treatments currently used in the New England States and compare to those currently used worldwide.
- Determine the current New England DOT procedures for picking rehabilitation methodologies.
- Perform and evaluate non-destructive testing to better determine the optimum time to apply surface treatments or thin lift overlay mixes to the existing pavements in order to properly prioritize rehabilitation projects.
- Evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of using PMA thin lift mixes versus surface treatments with lab testing.
- Evaluate the cost comparisons between PMA thin lift mixes and surface treatments.