- Our Center
- Graduate Certificate
- Funding/ Assistantships
- Graduate Research
- Job Opportunities
Clean Cities Events
The Case for Natural Gas Vehicles - May 27, 2009
Fifty public and private fleet operators gathered at the UVM Davis Center on May 27th to learn about Natural Gas Vehicles at an all day workshop co-sponsored by the Vermont Clean Cities Coalition, UVM Transportation Research Center, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, Air Pollution Control Division and the Clean Vehicle Education Foundation. Workshop sessions covered economic, environmental and energy security market drivers; “NGV 101” basics; available vehicles and engines; fuel station development, ownership and operations options; federal and state tax incentives and grants; and a review of economic payback and life-cycle costs analysis for a variety of light-, medium- and heavy-duty fleet applications. Presentations will be available on the VCCC website shortly.
- Clean Vehicle Education Foundation web site
- Metro magazine supplement addressing NGV applications in Transit sector
- American City & County magazine supplement addressing NGV applications in municipal government
- Waste Age magazine supplement addressing NGV applications in the refuse/recycling sector
- Available Natural Gas Vehicles and Engines (OEM as well as small volume OEM retrofit systems)
Federal Tax Incentives information:
Information about various Federal Grant Programs:
- FTA ARRA Funds summary: http://www.fta.dot.gov/index_9118.html
- FTA Notice/Solicitation for the Capital Expenditures formula grant program portion
- FTA Notice/solicitation re the Transit Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction (TIGGER) program
- FTA Notice re the Tribal Transit program
State/Regional contacts for Clean Cities Coalition, Vermont ANR, EPA’s Region 1 Office in Boston, the Northeast Diesel Emissions Reduction Collaborative and Vermont Gas:
Steve Yborra, Director of the Clean Vehicle Education Foundation, talks with Babak Alizadeh, President of AVSG LP.
Click here to view a pdf of the agenda.
Presented in partnership with the Clean Vehicle Education Foundation
For more information contact Karen Glitman at 656-8868 or email@example.com.
Last modified October 22 2009 01:20 PM