- Our Center
- Graduate Certificate
- Funding/ Assistantships
- Graduate Research
- Job Opportunities
About the Center
The UVM Transportation Research Center (TRC) is a hub for innovative and interdisciplinary research, education and outreach on sustainable transportation system solutions. The TRC focuses on risk and resiliency as they relate to transportation systems, particularly in northern, rural, exurban and micropolitan contexts.
Since our founding in 2006, the TRC has:
- - Attracted over $7.4 million to UVM in new external grants;
- - Created 12 new courses; and
- - Hosted over 5,300 people at our events;
- - Funded 109 graduates students with full research assistantships;
- - Launched a significant transportation workforce development initiative.
The TRC also serves as the host of a National University Transportation Center (UTC), funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, as well as the Vermont Clean Cities Coalition, funded by the US Department of Energy and the Vermont Department of Public Service, as well as the New England Transportation Consortium (NETC) for the six new England state DOTs. The center was founded in 2006 and designated a UVM Matrix Center in September 2008.
Last modified November 07 2012 05:10 PM