- Our Center
- Graduate Certificate
- Funding/ Assistantships
- Graduate Research
- Job Opportunities
Nearly 100 participate in Bridge Preservation & Maintenance Conference
Release Date: 07-01-2008
Author: Kimberly Mercer
In collaboration with Vermont Local Roads, the TRC hosted a Bridge Preservation and Maintenance Conference on July 1, 2008 at the Davis Center on the UVM campus in Burlington.
Participants from all over the state of Vermont--including technicians from municipal and state highway departments, local officials and regional planners--came to learn about restoring and rehabilitating failing bridges. Numerous handouts were provided and vendors were on hand with technical demonstrations and information. The daylong conference featured the following topics:
- "Overview of Vermont's Bridges" - Michael Hedges (VTrans) and Trevor Lashua (VLCT)
- "Bridge Inspection Reports & Virtual Bridge Inspection" - Pam Thurber (VTrans)
- "Asset Management" - George Christian (NYS DOT)
- "Vermont's Historic Bridges" - Dr. Robert McCullough (UVM)
- "The View from the State" - Neale Lunderville (VTrans Secretary), Rep. Richard Westman (Chair, House Transportation Committee, and Sen. Dick Mazza (Chair, Senate Transportation Committee)
- "Life Cycle Maintenance & Preservation Techniques" - Tod Kimbal (FHWA)
Another workshop is scheduled for September 11th at the Howe Center in Rutland and will also feature speakers from VTrans, VLCT, NYSDOT, FHWA, and more. To register: download, print and mail the brochure.
For more information contact Karen Glitman or call (802) 656-8868.