Break Parking Information (Student)
During breaks in the routine schedule (particularly semester breaks and administrative holidays), there may be changes in parking options. This page contains "break parking" information for students.
- November 15 to April 1: No parking on the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Violators may be towed at their own expense.
- All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the semester break and reading & exam periods. Read carefully as enforcement will occur during these times. Normal parking regulations go into effect the first day classes resume following the break.
- Permits are not required and colored zone designations are not enforced during UVM Administrative Holidays and listed Winter Break days. Please read this entire document regarding exceptions for all other days during the break period. Disabled spaces, roadway and non-designated area violations are enforced at all times.
- Pay stations (spaces individually posted and painted with white lines) and meters will be enforced as posted.
- If you are leaving your vehicle while you are away at any time during semester break, it must display a valid residential permit and be parked in the Gutterson Garage. This will allow snow removal crews to easily maintain the residential lots. Any vehicles left in the residential lots may be towed at the owner's expense. Please park in the enclosed sections of the lower and middle levels of the garage facility only. Do not park in any uncovered surface parking of the facility. Any vehicles left in these areas may also be towed at the owner's expense. This will allow for snow removal in the surface parking areas surrounding the garage and allow us to coordinate special event parking during the breaks.
- In anticipation of snow removal and special events, please watch for signs indicating dates and time of possible lot closures. In the event your desired lot is posted as closed, please refer to the paragraph above and follow the instructions for parking in the enclosed sections of the Gutterson Garage.
- Please call Police Services at 656-3473 for the Motorist Assistance Program during Administrative Holidays and Winter Break Days.
READING/EXAM DAYS, SEMESTER BREAK 2015
STUDENT PARKING INFORMATION
The following contains parking information during:
- Exam/Reading period, December 10, 2015 through December 18, 2015.
- Semester Break, December 21, 2015 through January 15, 2016.
Reading Days & Exam Period/December 10, 2015 through December 18, 2015: Campus parking rules and regulations will remain in effect during this time. Valid permits must be displayed and vehicles must park only in the zone which corresponds with their permit. Commuter Evening Permits will be valid during their normally restricted hours in student areas of the Gutterson Parking Facility during the reading and exam period.
Semester Break Parking by Permit (see parking map for lot designations)
- Residential Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the break period. All residential permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the break period. All Student Commuter permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Yellow Permits: Beaumont Lot remains accessible for students with Yellow Commuter permits only during this time period.
Last modified December 21 2015 11:39 AM