Break Parking Information (Student)
During breaks in the routine schedule (particularly semester breaks and administrative holidays), there may be changes in parking options. This page contains "break parking" information for students.
- November 15 to April 1: No parking on the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Violators may be towed at their own expense.
- If you are leaving your vehicle while you are away at any time during spring recess, it must display a valid residential permit and be parked in the Gutterson Garage. This will allow snow removal crews to easily maintain the residential lots. Any vehicles left in the residential lots may be towed at the owner's expense. Please park in the enclosed sections of the lower and middle levels of the garage facility only. Do not park in any uncovered surface parking of the facility. Any vehicles left in these areas may also be towed at the owner's expense. This will allow for snow removal in the surface parking areas surrounding the garage and allow us to coordinate special event parking during the breaks.
- In anticipation of snow removal and special events, please watch for signs indicating dates and time of possible lot closures. In the event your desired lot is posted as closed, please refer to the paragraph above and follow the instructions for parking in the enclosed sections of the Gutterson Garage.
- Pay stations (spaces individually posted and painted with white lines) and meters will be enforced as posted.
- All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the spring recess and reading & exam periods. Read carefully as enforcement will occur during these times. Normal parking regulations go into effect the first day classes resume following the break.
SPRING RECESS & READING/EXAM DAYS 2015
The following contains parking information for the periods during:
- Spring Recess, March 2, 2015 through March 8, 2015
- Reading & Exam days, April 30, 2015 through May 8, 2015
Spring Recess Parking by Permit (see PDF Parking Map for lot designations)
- March 2, 2015 through March 8, 2015: Residential Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during spring recess. All residential permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, Jeffords Lot depicted in green east of Jeffords Hall, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Permit Holders: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the spring recess. All Student Commuter permits will also be valid in any lot posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color, Jeffords Lot depicted in green east of Jeffords Hall, as well as their traditional areas. Parking in faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Commuter Yellow Permits: Beaumont Lot remains accessible for students with Yellow Commuter permits only during this time period.
Reading & Exam Period
- April 30, 2015 through May 8, 2015: Campus parking rules and regulations will remain in effect during this time. Valid permits must be displayed and vehicles must park only in the zone which corresponds with their permit. Commuter Evening Permits will be valid during their normally restricted hours in student areas of the Gutterson Parking Facility during the reading and exam period.
Last modified February 25 2015 12:10 PM