Break Parking Information (Employee)
During breaks in the routine schedule (particularly semester breaks, administrative holidays, and Summer), there may be changes in parking options. This page contains "break parking" information for employees.
THANKSGIVING BREAK, READING/EXAM DAYS, SEMESTER BREAK 2014
EMPLOYEE PARKING INFORMATION
The following contains parking information during:
- Thanksgiving Break, November 24, 2014 through November 28, 2014.
- Exam/Reading period, December 4, 2014 through December 12, 2014.
- Semester Break, December 13, 2014 through January 11, 2015.
All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during all break and reading & exam periods. Read carefully as enforcement will occur during these times. Normal parking regulations go into effect the first day classes resume following each break.
Reading Days & Exam Period/December 4, 2014 through December 12, 2014: Campus parking rules and regulations will remain in effect during this time. Valid permits must be displayed and vehicles must park only in the zone which corresponds with their permit. Faculty & Staff holding valid Commuter Evening Permits will be allowed parking in designated areas of the Gutterson Garage at all times during the reading and exam period. Please note all other campus parking rules and regulations will remain in effect with no exceptions during the exam period from December 4 through December 12, 2014. Commuter Evening Permits will be valid during their normally restricted hours in student areas of the Gutterson Parking Facility during the reading and exam period.
- November 15 to April 1: No parking on the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Violators may be towed at their own expense.
- Permits are not required and colored zone designations are not enforced during UVM Administrative Holidays and listed Winter Break days. Please read this entire document regarding exceptions for all other days during the break period. Disabled spaces, roadway and non-designated area violations are enforced at all times.
- Pay stations (spaces individually posted and painted with white lines) and meters will be enforced as posted.
- Please call Police Services at 656-3473 for the Motorist Assistance Program during Administrative Holidays and Winter Break Days.
Thanksgiving & Semester Break Parking by Permit (see parking map for lot designations)
- Zone Green permit holders: Zone Green permits will also be honored in the Chittenden-Buckham-Wills (Resident Black, northwest of Rowell Building) and Jeanne Mance Lot (Resident Purple on the north side of Pearl Street).
- Zone White permit holders: Zone White permits will also be honored in the Chittenden-Buckham-Wills Lot (Resident Black, northwest of Rowell Building), Jeanne Mance Lot (Resident Purple on the north side of Pearl Street) and the Jeffords depicted by green east of Jeffords Hall. Parking in all other faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
- Zone Brown permit holders: Zone Brown permits will also be honored in Chittenden-Buckham-Wills Lot (Resident Black, northwest of Rowell Building), Jeanne Mance Lot (Resident Purple on the north side of Pearl Street), Jeffords Lot (depicted in green east of Jeffords Hall), Trinity North Lot on the Trinity Campus and any other lots posted for Residential Permits regardless of permit color. Parking in all other faculty/staff lots is allowed after 3:30pm.
Last modified November 20 2014 11:39 AM