Ethical standards of the Department of Theatre
All those who participate in academic and artistic activities in the Department of Theatre are expected to adhere to these ideals:
- Conduct in and out of the Theatre building reflects on the reputation of the Department of Theatre.
- All activities outside classes (productions, seminars, workshops etc.) are an extension of my academic experience.
- The practice of theatre is the collaborative effort of authors, artists, technicians and audience members and is founded on mutual respect.
- Students are expected to make every effort to fulfill all production and academic responsibilities and are accountable for the completion of all tasks and assignments.
- The University Catalog is the student’s contract with the University, and students are subject to its regulations, including those that apply to academic integrity, sexual harassment and nondiscrimination.
- Artistic and academic excellence depends upon Students’ physical and mental well-being. Students will not jeopardize their own work or the work of others by injudicious activities inside or outside the theatre.
- Safety is a departmental priority and students are responsible for understanding basic safety guidelines and upholding these at all times.
- Royall Tyler Theatre is not only a place of public assembly but also a learning laboratory. Students agree to treat the building all production materials, equipment, and furnishings with respect.
Last modified July 25 2013 03:36 PM