University of Vermont

The College of Arts and Sciences

Department of Theatre


Our faculty members are here to help you. All theatre majors, minors and education concentrators are assigned a faculty advisor. The College of Arts and Sciences also assigns undeclared students to our faculty.


Heidi Chronicles

Theatre production from Spring 2013.

Please feel free to contact our departmental office if you need any help or want to select or change your advisor.

What does an advisor do?

The faculty advisor possesses knowledge of the University, College and department requirements and will assist you in planning your course sequence in order to graduate. Theatre faculty members can also provide information on events in the department and answer questions related to summer internships, apprenticeships or graduate school programs.

Remember that although advisors offer advice and guidance throughout a student's time here at UVM, the student is ultimately responsible for academic decisions that apply to course choices and the completion of the degree.

Set-up an appointment with your advisor.

Declaring a major

If you are interested in declaring a major or minor in theatre, you can do so on the UVM Registrar's page . Declaration form on the Registrar's website.


Course substitution, transfer credits, and credit for high school AP courses should be discussed with the department chair rather than the academic advisor.

Last modified September 12 2013 09:06 AM