New and Renovated Buildings
Voice/Data Networking Costs
There are significant costs associated with provisioning voice and data services in new and renovated buildings. With sufficient advance planning CIT Telecommunications will normally draw on a bond to fund the associated costs. As the bond is repaid, a portion of the bond payments may be recovered through the normal monthly voice-data port rates. The percentage of the bond that can be repaid from port charge revenue is directly proportional to the cost of specific items listed below:
The following costs can be recovered via the port rate:
* Campus backbone and service entrance facilities - fiber and copper
* Voice and data switching equipment
The following costs cannot be recovered via the port rate:
* Trenching and underground conduit to the building
* Construction of Telecommunications Rooms per UVM Infrastructure Standards including power and HVAC
* Interior building conduits, chases, risers, wiring/cabling and terminations
Where buildings are not contiguous to the main campus, direct underground connections may not be possible. In these cases a common carrier connection will be required. The installation and ongoing charges for leased lines are not covered by Telecom.
Data ports in new and renovated buildings will be activated per the request of the department occupying the new space. A one-time activation charge of $100 per port applies.
Telephone sets can be rented or purchased from UVM Telecommunications and computer equipment is a departmental responsibility.
Last modified March 12 2004 11:43 AM