Do you want to make a positive difference in the world? Civil and environmental engineers help society and the environment.
We are looking for students who are committed to engaging with the global community, and are seeking answers beyond the traditional engineering paradigm. We are dedicated to providing an educational experience which integrates a broad spectrum of disciplines (such as: transporation systems, soils, environmental, societal) into finding solutions for some of the most challenging social problems.
Also visit Civil and Environmental Engineering at UVM.
Our programs have many opportunities to get hands-on education with real-world engineering courses that incorporate the broader impacts of engineering projects on ecosystems, society and the world.
- Introduction to Civil & Env Engineering CE003*
- Graphical Communication ENGR002
- Geomatics CE010*
- Environmental & Transportation Systems CE132*
- Decision Analysis in Environmental & Transportation Systems CE133*
- Modeling Environmental & Transportation Systems CE134*
- Water & Wastewater Engineering CE151*
- Geotechnical Principles CE180*
- Materials Testing CE101
- Environmental Analytical Practice CE154*
- Hydraulics CE160
- Structural Analysis(I) CE170
- Senior Design Project CE175*
- Senior Design Seminar CE176*
- Hydrology CE260
- Geotechnical Design CE281
- Special Topics CE295
* Required Civil and Environmental Engineering courses focusing on systems and systems thinking.