Dates: May 19 – June 13, 2014
Time: Monday – Thursday, 9am-3:45pm
Location: UVM Campus
Smart is… preparing today for your career.
Business Savvy is UVM’s business course for students thinking about their future. You can learn all of the skills you need to translate your college experience into a rewarding career – and earn 6 credits in 4 weeks.
In Business Savvy, you will:
- Learn core business fundamentals: finance, marketing, human resources, management, and strategy.
- See what it’s like to run your own company through a team business simulation.
- Upgrade your resume, presentation skills, interviewing skills, and learn business etiquette.
Whether you want to join the corporate world, start your own business, launch a creative career, or work in the non-profit sector, Business Savvy is the course to get you there.
Past students have gone on to forge careers in business and as entrepreneurs. Here is what they have to say:
- “I was the girl who wanted to start a pie shop. The class gave me all sorts of crazy ideas, and last summer, I started a small pie company, Isabel & Appleby Pies of Dorset, VT. This year, we are going even bigger…”
- “Business Savvy was not only a valuable, knowledgeable course, but it was also fun and very rewarding. I feel more prepared and inspired to venture out into the business world and combine the fundamentals with my degree in liberal arts. “ – Andrea Goodrich, ‘13 Global Studies/Spanish
- “Business Savvy gave me the ultimate crash course in all things business while providing highly competitive simulations and visits to successful local businesses. All and all I would highly recommend it to any student.”