As a student-athlete, you know how important it is to maintain a healthy balance between your academic and athletic schedules, but how difficult that can be during the fall and spring semesters. Courses offered through Summer University at UVM are one way in which you can catch up and/or get ahead with meeting college, major and minor requirements to help you achieve that balance throughout the academic year.
Below is a list of some of the courses which will be offered during summer 2013. While the courses are not exclusively open to student-athletes, they are courses that many student-athletes opt to take during the summer. If you don’t see a class that meets your need on the list below, please be sure to check our full Summer University at UVM course list.
Top reasons for student-athletes to take summer courses:
- Lighten your academic load during your athletic season
- Take a difficult course when you have more time to focus
- Get the help you might need from the professor in a class with fewer students
- Add a minor to your major with course credits gained in summer
- Avoid the need for priority registration by taking a popular course in the summer
- Take courses online from home while working a summer job or staying on campus