UVM is partnering with University College Dublin to offer an exciting summer program for high school students to experience Ireland. Students will challenge themselves academically, build a college resume, and enjoy the vibrant student and cultural life in Dublin, a celebrated European city.
This program runs from July 10-26, 2013. The summer 2013 program is now full.
This program is made up of two weeks spent in Dublin, Ireland, followed by an online assignment. The experience will include field trips, interactive workshops as well as social activities. Students will have the opportunity to experience the rich and exciting history and culture of Ireland through visits to many of Dublin’s most popular museums and tourist attractions.
This program is open to high schools students ages 15 – 18, including seniors who graduate in 2013.
- Pre-college program for academic and cultural enrichment
- Irish History and Culture course presented by UVM faculty
- Faculty-led immersion days and trips
- Small course size – maximum enrollment is 20 students
- On-campus accommodation in your own room
- A variety of field trips, interactive workshops and social activities
Dublin is a premier European city and capital, rich with history and culture and famous for its beautiful Georgian architecture. The city is also a modern center of education, the arts, science and industry. Dublin is safe and easy to access. Students will be guided and accompanied by UVM faculty and staff.