Summer Academy students may purchase textbooks at the UVM bookstore.
UVM Bookstore’s Textbook Advantage
The UVM Bookstore realizes that students have more options than ever before for buying textbooks and course materials. We believe that the UVM Bookstore is the best possible shopping choice for you, because it provides the following benefits:
- A knowledgeable staff familiar with the campus, knows your faculty, and has worked in cooperation with them to acquire the appropriate materials.
- A staff willing to go beyond normal customer service duties in assisting students and parents in the transition to college life.
- Student-friendly return policies in case a student drops a class or has a schedule change, with no need to pay for shipping these returned books across the country.
- Systems in place to accept campus-specific payments methods such as scholarship funds and financial aid specifically for that student at this school. The ability to accept credit cards, campus-wide debit accounts, and personal checks.
- Making used books available is the single most significant way that your bookstore is reducing the cost of textbooks to students.
- Buyback services enable students to get extra money at the end of he semester for books they no longer need or want.
- A textbook reservation system that enables student customers to have first choice of quality used books, before they are sold out.
Factors to consider before making you final textbook purchase:
Is the book being sold somewhere else the same edition that is being used in class?
It is possible that some textbooks being sold online and at other stores are old editions. Having the appropriate edition of a textbook is much more important than a general reading book.
Will the book arrive in time to be useful in class?
Often with online booksellers, the book will ship anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks from the date of the order. This timing would almost always be unacceptable to students at the start of classes.