During summer session, the Add/Drop period depends on the length of the course. See the list of add/drop dates for Summer Courses
Once courses begin, there is a fixed period of time called the Add/Drop Period in which you may add new courses or drop courses without financial or academic penalty. However, if you are a recipient of financial aid, please check with Student Financial Services to see if dropping credit hours will affect your financial aid.
During summer session, the Withdrawal period depends on the length of the course. See the list of add/drop dates
What is withdrawal?
When you withdraw from a course it remains on your permanent record. Any courses you withdraw from will be assigned a grade of “W” which will appear on your transcript but will not affect your GPA.
When can I withdraw?
|Course Length||Add-drop period||Withdrawal period||Example|
|1-2 weeks||1 business day||3rd business day||If a 1 or 2 week course begins Monday July 18. Add drop is by the end of the day on July 18. Withdrawal period is by the end of the of the day on Weds, July 21.|
|4 weeks||2nd business day||14th business day||If a 4 week course begins Monday August 1. Add drop is by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 2. Withdrawal period is by the end of the of the day on Friday, August 12|
|6 weeks||3rd business day||20th business day||If a 6 week course begins Monday June 6. Add drop is by the end of the day on Weds, June 8. Withdrawal period is by the end of the of the day on Friday, July 1|
- The Withdrawal period begins immediately after the Add/Drop (Full Refund) period ends. If you wish to stop taking a course beyond the Add/Drop period, you must withdraw.
- You can receive a 50% refund if you withdraw by the 50% date listed on the course description.
- If applicable, you can receive a 25% refund if you withdraw by the 25% date listed on the course description.
- If you withdraw after the 50% and 25% withdrawal dates but before the “Last day to withdraw” date, you will not receive a refund.
- You may not withdraw after the ‘Last day to withdraw” date.
Please contact the Dean’s Office of Continuing Education at (800) 639-3210 if you have any questions.