Dates: May 20 – June 14, 2013
Time: Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm
Location: UVM Campus
Smart is… preparing today for your career tomorrow.
Business Savvy is UVM’s business course for Liberal Arts majors. You can learn all of the skills you need to translate your college experience into a rewarding career – and earn 6 credits in just 4 short weeks.
In Business Savvy, you will:
- Learn core business fundamentals: finance, marketing, human resources, management, and strategy.
- See what it’s like to run your own company through a team business simulation.
- Network with successful entrepreneurs, community leaders and business professionals, including UVM alumni.
- Visit top Vermont businesses to get a unique behind-the-scenes look at how they work.
- Upgrade your resume, presentation skills, interviewing skills, and learn business etiquette.
Whether you want to join the corporate world, start your own business, launch a creative career, or work in the non-profit sector, Business Savvy is the course to get you there.
Past students have gone on to forge careers in business and as entrepreneurs. Here is what they have to say:
- “Business Savvy was the single most informative and fun class I’ve ever taken at UVM. It is broken up and managed in such a way that they cruise by in an extremely fun way–JB Henderson, ‘13, Economics
- “I was the girl who wanted to start a pie shop. The class gave me all sorts of crazy ideas, and last summer, I started a small pie company, Isabel & Appleby Pies of Dorset, VT. This year, we are going even bigger…”
- “Business Savvy was not only a valuable, knowledgeable course, but it was also fun and very rewarding. I feel more prepared and inspired to venture out into the business world and combine the fundamentals with my degree in liberal arts. “ – Andrea Goodrich, ‘13 Global Studies/Spanish
- “Business Savvy gave me the ultimate crash course in all things business while providing highly competitive simulations and visits to successful local businesses. All and all I would highly recommend it to any student.”