Fourth Annual University of Vermont Staff Art Exhibit
Celebrate Staff! Celebrate Art!
UVM's Staff Council is organizing the Fourth Annual UVM Staff Art Exhibit during the month of September 2014 in the Davis Center.
Fourth Annual UVM Staff Art Exhibit
For more information contact the Staff Council at Staff.Council@uvm.edu or 656-4493
Fourth Annual University of Vermont Staff Art Exhibit Participants
- KEN BEAN - FACILITIES DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- ROGER BOMBARDIER, JR - ETS CLIENT SERVICES
- STEVE CHANT - RETIRED STAFF
- LORIE CLAIRMONT - FACILITIES DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- LYNN CUMMINGS - RETIRED STAFF
- SUSAN CURTIS - PHARMACOLOGY
- MATTHEW JOHN DUGENER - CUSTODIAL SERVICES
- EMMA FAUSTNER - COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – MEDICAL STUDENT EDUCATION
- WENDY GUNTHER - BAILEY/HOWE LIBRARY
- PRISCILLA KIMBERLY - RETIRED STAFF
- CAROLYN KULIKOWSKI - CONTINUING EDUCATION
- JACQUES-PAUL MARTON/SALLY McCAY - CUSTODIAL SERVICES/UVM PHOTOGRAPHY
- MARY McCLEMENTS - STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
- SHARON O'NEILL - SOCIAL WORK
- RYDER OWENS - LEARNING & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- LUCIE PECOR - REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
- KEITH SMITH - CENTER FOR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- NANCY STALNAKER - RESEARC PROTECTIONS OFFICE
- JAN TEBO - ADMINISTRATIVE & FACILITIES SERVICES
- CARLEY TILLINGHAST - ETS CLIENT SERVICES
- CHRIS WALKER - TRAINING & COMPLIANCE OFFICE
- THERESA WELLMAN – COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – PHARMACOLOGY
Who can participate?
All University of Vermont regular full and part time staff members.
(If you are a staff retiree, temporary staff employee, or Foundation staff employee you will be added to a waitlist for consideration to participate after the June 13th deadline if space is still available. Unfortuantely this event is not open to faculty or instructors due to space limitations.)
When and Where is the UVM Staff Art Exhibit?
The University of Vermont Staff Art Exhibit will be run from September 10 - 30, 2014 in the Livak Fireplace Lounge, 4th Floor, Davis Center. The Exhibit has been planned to coincide with Staff Appreciation Week and is one way recognize and appreciate the talents of our colleagues.
How do I sign up to participate?
Contact the Staff Council at Staff.Council@uvm.edu or 802-656-4493 to reserve space. The deadline to sign up to participate is Friday, June 13, 2014.
What kind of art will be accepted for the exhibit?
We are looking for all types of art: paintings, sculptures, pastels, pottery, watercolors, ceramics, photography, quilts, mixed media, and the list goes on.
Do I need to provide my own display materials?
If your art work is two-dimensional, it is preferred that the piece be framed or ready to hang. Staff Council and the Davis Center will not frame any art work.
If your art work is three-dimensional and requires a pedestal or has special display needs, please let us know. There are some pedestals available to display a limited amount of art work.
How many pieces of art can I submit?
Space is limited to one or two works per person, dependent on size and medium, and will be accepted on a first come first reserve basis. Our hope is to have as many staff members as possible participate.
What happens if my art is lost, damaged, or stolen?
All participants must submit and sign a Davis Center Art Exhibit Loan Agreement in order to show their work. The University of Vermont is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen art work and will not indemnify or insure art work for damages to the piece itself or for any loss that may result from installation at the Davis Center.
Will there be a Fourth Annual UVM Staff Art Exhibit Reception?
Yes. The Fourth Annual UVM Staff Art Exhibit Reception are still being organized but it will occur on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 from 12 noon to 1:00 pm in the Livak Fireplace Lounge, 4th Floor, Davis Center. This will be an opportunity for all artists to talk about their art and interact with colleagues. This event will be part of larger Staff Appreciation Week events. Light Refreshments will be provided.
We are seeking staff musicians to play at the UVM Staff Art Exhibit Reception on Tuesday, September 16, 2014. If you're interested, please contact the Staff Council at Staff.Council@uvm.edu or 802-656-4493 to learn more.
Last modified September 11 2014 08:37 AM