UVM Professional Development & Training
With a focus on learning, development and professional growth, Professional Development and Training has numerous opportunities for your continued learning. Recognizing career development is a lifelong process, they offer programs to facilitate performance management, foster individual and team effectiveness and support improved understanding of the University policies and procedures.
Workshops offered within the following tracks:
- Communication and Customer Service
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Personal Effectiveness
- Policy, Procedure, and Reporting
- Software Proficiency
- Supervision, Management, and Leadership
Questions, comments or inquiries?
Email ProfessionalDevelopment@uvm.edu or (802) 656-5800
edu@uvm is a three-day signature learning event focused on staff development. Important themes like diversity, social justice, and commitment to Our Common Ground are woven throughout the workshops which are grouped in five broad tracks:
- Software and Web Design
- Communication Skills and Conflict Management
- Leadership Development and University Policy and Procedure
- Career Development and Life Planning
- Health and Wellness/Worklife Balance
Center for Leadership and Innovation
The CLI offers a Professional Certificate in Leadership and Management,
one and two day management development seminars, week-long intensive
programs for professionals and in-house corporate training solutions.
Additionally, we are a point of access for area businesses to a variety of
UVM resources. Also affiliated with the Center for Leadership and
Innovation is the Vermont Family Business Initiative (VFBI), an ongoing
membership program that provides a training and support network to family
businesses in the state.
Through our seminars, intensive summer programs, corporate training and the VFBI, the Center for Leadership and Innovation is poised to support your business to compete in a global economy. As a portal to University of Vermont resources, the CLI can provide you and your business leadership training, access to academic expertise and research partnerships, student internship opportunities, graduate and undergraduate education, and other University initiatives. Understanding your needs, we can help your business go from knowledge to action.
(Note: These courses are not covered by tuition remission)
Some Certificate and Seminar:
- Professional Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Professional Certificate in Sustainable Business Practices
- Innovation Seminar Series
UVM Career Services
While Human Resource Services can assist with information regarding professional development, even non-students can benefit from the resume writing guidelines, etiquette tips, and interview preparation hints listed on the Career Services website.
Continuing Education Advisors
If you are interested in a Continuing Education class, certificate, or sequence, call (802) 656-2085 to speak with an advisor. Employees enjoy tuition remission benefits on courses taken at UVM.
The University of Vermont is responsive to important work/life changes that have been taking place in American society over the past 30 years. We are familiar with the patterns forming nationally:
- Over half of married couples both work outside the home, many with young children
- More and more employees are single parents
- Baby boomer employees are now becoming involved in care for their aging parents and relatives
- Employees are developing their skills and abilities by pursuing continuing education opportunities
In a number of instances, alternative work schedules have been utilized by our various colleges and departments to attract and keep our employees by providing a work environment that is flexible and responsive to the needs of individuals with family pressures and education requirements. Research shows that higher productivity and energy can result by offering these options to our staff.
Last modified August 16 2019 12:23 PM