Personal and Professional Development
The committee shall be responsible for monitoring and reviewing all matters that deal with personal and professional development of non-represented staff as they relate to conditions of employment. It shall work to promote the continued education of non-represented staff through training and enrichment opportunities sponsored by the university as well as outside vendors. The committee shall also address employee environment and facilities issues including ability and access concerns.
The committee shall collaborate with University leaders, units, departments, governance bodies, students, staff, faculty or any other group created to address these matters to ensure transparency and equity while promoting effective problem resolution and efficient use of University resources.
Specific responsibilities of this committee include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate monthly to the Staff Council and the non-represented staff community (e.g. monthly committee summary)
- Field occupational environment matters (e.g. parking, office environment, ergonomic assessment)
- Promote personal development (e.g. work-life balance, retirement planning)
- Promote professional development (e.g. training, workshops, conferences)
- Work collaboratively with the Staff Council Office
- Collaborate with other Standing Committees when appropriate and necessary
Guidelines for building effective, efficient, and respectful committee culture.
Co-Chairs will be determined at the first meeting of the 2019-20 academic year.
These individuals will share the responsibilities of generating agendas, facilitating meetings, and attending Executive Board meetings in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Barbara Asiimwe
- Brendan Andrews
- Kristen Cella
- Scott Edelstein
- Alexandra Howe
- Mindy Kear
- Cindy Lee
- Stephanie Loscalzo
- Deb McAdoo
- Michael O'Sullivan
- Emily Taylor
- Emily Tupper
- Lacey Ure
- Kenneth Viglucci
- Erin Wertlieb
For the most up-to-date schedule of meetings, please contact the co-chairs of this committee, or the Staff Council office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified August 13 2019 12:22 PM