OLLI at UVM Spring 2014 Registration Now Open
UVM Faculty and Staff are eligible for a membership discount
- By OLLI at UVM
Registration is now open for OLLI at UVM spring courses and events.
OLLI at UVM is part of a statewide network and national network of Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes that provide adults 50 years of age and more with the opportunity to learn from seasoned experts and peers and to enjoy access to the many resources of the University, including its renowned faculty. Lifelong learning is an ever-important means of staying active and engaged with the community, allowing us to seek, learn, discover, and continue to grow, both intellectually and emotionally.
Spring 2014 classes include:
- Major Issues in Higher Education and Implications for Lifelong Learning with UVM President Thomas Sullivan
- The New Feminist Agenda with former Governor Madeleine Kunin
- Drawing in the Greenhouse with Jane Neroni
- The Mind at Hand: What Drawing Reveals with Michael Strauss
- Español Intermedio y Cultura with Mario Martinez
- Home Exchange and Low-Cost Travel with Julia Blake
- Getting the Most Out of Your Mac with Mark Carter
- Beginner Watercolor with Jean Cannon
- Your Mindful Brain: A Body-Mind Approach that Supports Physical and Mental Well-Being! with Sheri Rand
- UVM Greenhouse Tour with Tom Doubleday
- Having Fun With Your iPad with Mark Carter
- Bridging Science & Spirit: The Power of Thought to Create Your Reality with Fred Fengler
- Beginning Yoga with Amanda McIntire
- Three-Minute Fiction with Rebecca Starks
- Painting Trees with Simple Brushstrokes with Joan Hoffmann
- Re-Crafting Comfort Food with Patsy Jamieson
- Watercolor 2 with Jean Cannon
- Homemade Sourdough Country Bread with Patsy Jamieson
- Tai Chi Easy with Anandi Anderson
- Bridging Science & Spirit: Time, Space & the Infinite Mind with Fred Fengler
- The Healing Promise of Qi with Anandi Anderson
View the descriptions of the classes on the OLLI Website.
In addition to classes, OLLI at UVM offers different special events throughout the year. Other offerings include:
- Great Decisions: Facilitated by OLLI member volunteers, these are insightful, thought-provoking discussions about some of the most pressing foreign policy challenges that our country faces.
- Sacred Harp Singing: A traditional New England style of participatory singing. Gatherings are every Tuesday, 6:30-8:30pm, at Ira Allen Chapel.
- OLLI Travel: Montreal Day Trips and More! (email Natalie.Neuert@uvm.edu for more information)
- Community Cinema: A groundbreaking civic engagement initiative featuring free monthly screenings of films from the Emmy Award-winning series Independent Lens, with support from OLLI at UVM, Vermont Public Television, and the Fletcher Free Library.
Register to become an OLLI at UVM member today! The annual OLLI at UVM Membership fee is $30 or $50 for two. OLLI at UVM members enjoy priority registration for courses and receive a 25% discount on all OLLI at UVM courses, among many other benefits. Members who register by September 15 receive an additional 10% off four-week classes. Additionally, all current UVM faculty, staff and alumni are eligible to receive a 20% discount on the membership fee ($24 or $40 for two). Register for an OLLI at UVM Course or contact us with any questions at 802-656-2085 or email@example.com.