OLLI at UVM Fall 2013 Registration Now Open
UVM Faculty and Staff are eligible for a membership discount
- By OLLI - Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes
Registration is now open for OLLI at UVM fall courses and events.
OLLI at UVM is part of a statewide network and national network of Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes that provide adults 50 years of age and more with the opportunity to learn from seasoned experts and peers and to enjoy access to the many resources of the University, including its renowned faculty. Lifelong learning is an ever-important means of staying active and engaged with the community, allowing us to seek, learn, discover, and continue to grow, both intellectually and emotionally.
Fall 2013 classes include:
- Getting the Most Out of Your Mac with Mark Carter
- Conversational French for Travelers with Beth Brodie
- Beginner Watercolor and Watercolor II with Jean Cannon
- Woody Woodland Plants: the Trees, Shrubs, and Invasives of Vermont with Gwen Causer
- Farming in the City with Lisa Newton, Ph.D.
- A Renewable Energy Future: Wind Power with Phil Pouech
- Writing Your First Mystery/Suspense Novel with Martha Lang, Ph.D.
- Beginning Yoga with Amanda McIntire
- Argentine Tango: Collaborative Art & Cultural Exchange with Elizabeth Seyler, Ph.D.
- Bridging Science & Spirit: Life After Death with Fred Fengler, Ph.D.
- Vermont Weather in the Age of Global Warming with Roger Hill
With many more one, two, and four-session classes to choose from! View the full list of classes.
In addition to classes, OLLI at UVM offers different special events throughout the year. Other offerings include:
- Great Decisions: Facilitated by Vermont State Representative Helen Head, these are insightful, thought-provoking discussions about some of the most pressing foreign policy challenges that our country faces.
- Sacred Harp Singing: A traditional New England style of participatory singing. Gatherings are every Tuesday, 6:30-8:30pm, at Ira Allen Chapel.
- OLLI Travel: Quebec City and New Orleans (email Natalie.Neuert@uvm.edu for more information)
- Community Cinema: A groundbreaking civic engagement initiative featuring free monthly screenings of films from the Emmy Award-winning series Independent Lens, with support from OLLI at UVM, Vermont Public Television, and the Fletcher Free Library.
The annual OLLI at UVM Membership fee is $30 or $50 for two. OLLI at UVM members enjoy priority registration for courses and receive a 25% discount on all OLLI at UVM courses, among many other benefits. Members who register by September 15 receive an additional 10% off four-week classes. Additionally, all current UVM faculty and staff are eligible to receive a 20% discount on the membership fee ($24 or $40 for two). Register for an OLLI at UVM Course or contact us with any questions at 802-656-2085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.