The committee shall be responsible for being an ally and advocate for members of the UVM community who are striving to integrate social justice into diversity and inclusion, sustainability, housing affordability, food security, poverty relief, and child welfare. The committee shall collaborate with subject matter experts from existing UVM departments and programs who are otherwise unaffiliated with Staff Council to create and lead relevant educational and promotional campaigns. In addition, the committee shall organize, coordinate, and promote community service opportunities within the UVM and greater Burlington community.
Specific responsibilities of this committee include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting UVM departments and programs with identifying and creating relevant educational campaigns
- Assisting with the implementation of educational campaigns through the use of both online (social networks, blogs, etc.) and offline approaches (distributing flyers, participating in community events or conferences, etc.)
- Advising UVM administration on policies and procedures related to above topics
- Maintaining and posting a list of volunteering opportunities for UVM staff
- Tracking the number of hours the committee members are dedicating to the work and the number of employees who engaged with the programs
Guidelines for building effective, efficient, and respectful committee culture.
Shared Leadership: Co-chairs to be decided
These individuals will share the responsibilities of generating agendas, facilitating meetings, and attending Executive Board meetings in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Caleb Gilbert
- Allison Spain
- Robert Bolyard
- Nick Hall
- Claire Robinson-White
- Kristen Cella
- Claire McCollough
- Miriam Harrison
- Bethany Wolfe
For the most up-to-date schedule of meetings, please contact the co-chairs of this committee, or the Staff Council office at: Staff.Council@uvm.edu
Last modified August 13 2019 12:22 PM