Staff Council Representative Elections 2013Staff Council Representatives are elected annually in April and represent staff from all corners of the University of Vermont (UVM). Using UVM’s Organization Chart, we have established 16 Units which include all colleges and major divisions. Representation in these areas is determined annually by a staff census performed through Human Resource Services in accordance with our bylaws. In order to run for election, interested staff members must be permanent full time or part time employees who have successfully completed their probationary period*. The Council's representation for FY 2014 (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014) is reviewed in early March through a non-represented staff census conducted by Human Resource Services. To find out who your current Staff Council Representative is, click here.
Each Representative is required to attend our monthly Staff Council Meeting and participate on one of our four Staff Council Standing Committees. The time commitment for both of these responsibilities is approximately 3 hours per month. In addition, each Representative is also required to distribute information regarding Staff Council business, activities, and communications to their units. Each representative serves a 3 year term, however, if changes occur in one's personal or professional life that make it difficult to maintain this commitment, one can step down from their position and a new election in the unit will be held. Elections are staggered and on occasion there are terms that are less than 3 years.
In FY 2014, funds are available to reimburse grants up to 3.5% of a grant-funded employee's salary for time spent engaged in Staff Council activities. If you are a fully grant-funded employee and win an election for a Representative position, the Staff Council Office will work with your Unit/Division to address any release time questions or concerns as they relate to your grant funding.
Staff Council Representative Elections Process - 2013
- Election Policy (.pdf)
- Staff Council Representative Self-Nomination Form (Deadline to submit is Wednesday, April 17, 2013)
Units/Divisions with Staff Council Representative Open Seats Remaining:
- College of Medicine
- Adminstrative – (1) two-year term
- Basic Sciences – (1) two-year term
- Clinical Sciences – (2) one-year terms
- DFES/ETS – (1) three-year term
- President's and Provost's Office - (1) one-year term
- University Relations and Campus Life – (1) three-year terms, (1) two-year term, (1) one-year term
If you wish to run for one of the open Representative positions, please complete the required Self-Nomination Form for your unit/division.
Please note that due to unit/division restructuring planned for July 1, 2013, some of these units will have slightly different numbers of representation. If you have questions about what this means, please contact the Staff Council Office at Staff.Council@uvm.edu or 656-4493.
Please join us is congratulating our newly elected or re-elected Representatives
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – Bethany Wolfe (1) three-year term
- Continuing Education – Noel McCann (1) three-year term
- DFES/AFS – Johanna Brabham (1) three-year term
- Research and Graduate Studies – Anita Lavoie (1) two-year term
- Rubenstein School – Isis Erb (1) three-year term
- School of Business Administration – Sara Hearne (1) three-year term
- University Relations and Campus Life – Kate Ford (1) three-year term
Please refer any questions or concerns to the Staff Council Office at 656-4493 or Staff.Council@uvm.edu.
*Although the Staff Council serves as the voice and advocate for all staff, it does not have the same function as Collective Bargaining Units to which some members of the UVM staff belong. Those staff who belong to UE Local 267 are not permitted to participate in Staff Council at the request of their union.
Last modified April 29 2013 11:04 AM