Preventing Sexual Harassment and Bias Training
This information is being updated.
Preventing Sexual Harassment and Bias training is required for all University Employees, including student employees. This training is automatically provided for new employees during the new employee orientation process. Student employees attend one student-focused session throughout the year.
Specific Information by Employee Type
First Year, Second Year, and Transfer Students
Effective Fall Semester 2015, this information is included in the mandatory training that first year, sophomore and transfer students receive during the first week of classes. These students should have completed their training online at the start of school and they do not need to register for another training.
Juniors and Seniors
Effective Fall Semester 2016, all juniors and seniors who have not yet taken the in person or online course and are a student employee at UVM for the first time are required to take it once during the first semester of their employment on campus. This includes both work study and non-work study students. They can go to this link and click on "Complete Haven Plus Course" to register for an online training. The time to complete the training should be included in the students' working hour because it is part of their work responsibilities.
Graduate and Medical Students
Effective Fall Semester 2015, this information is included in the mandatory training that Graduate and Medical students receive during the first week of classes. These students should have completed their training online at the start of school and they do not need to register for another training.
If you have any question, please direct it to the email addresses below.
- For questions related to student employees please contact email@example.com
- For all other questions regarding to the training please contact ProfessionalDevelopment@uvm.edu
To see if a student has already taken this training, please follow these directions:
- Log into your jobs board account
- Click on the Student Search on the upper control bar
- Enter the students name where prompted and click search
- Click on the student you are looking for (if there are more than one name that appears)
- Under Demographic Information, a date will be entered in the Preventing Sexual Harassment Training Completion Date if they have attended a training.
Note: If you do not see the date when following the steps above, please confirm with your student that they attended the training and contact us.
Last modified April 17 2017 10:45 AM