Welcome to the Student Employment Office at UVM
The SEO is a resource that works with UVM departments and the local community to provide a variety of employment opportunities to students. The SEO hosts an online Jobs Board accessible to all UVM undergraduates and graduates with work study.
Why Work During College?
- Make professional connections
- Build your resume
- Earn extra income
- Get hands-on experience in fields of interest
- Fill free time in your schedule
- Learn how to work in a professional environment
Examples of Job Positions Offered
- Administrative support
- UVM farm assistant
- Teaching assistant
- Lab technician
- Early childhood education
- Technical support
- Library assistant
How to Find a Job
Once you have completed UVM's orientation and registered for classes, you will be given a net ID, which will allow you to access the Jobs Board.
- Go to the Student Employment Jobs Board
- Select "Student Employees"
- Select "Find a Job" to access the search portal
What is Federal Work Study?
FWS is a form of financial aid, funded by the Federal Government, which helps students meet educationally related expenses by paying hourly wages for part-time employment.
Am I Eligible for Work Study?
On your FAFSA application, you must select the option to be considered for FWS.
- Log into myuvm
- Click on the green tab at the top, “Student Financial Services”
- In the “View Your Award” section it will indicate if you have been awarded Federal Work Study
Even if a student does not qualify for FWS, there are Student Employment jobs that are available to all students.
Last modified May 05 2017 09:34 AM