University of Vermont

Student Employment Office

Hiring International Students

International students on non-immigration F-1 or J-1 visa categories are supported through the Office of International Education and have certain immigration-based restrictions on the kinds of work they can and cannot do. On-campus employment is permitted for these students, but limited to 20 hours weekly of total employment on campus. The Office of International Education has an International Student Services team who works closely with these students and supports them in work authorizations, etc. The Office of International Education (OIE) has a helpful website that can answer all questions about employing international students, found here.

Last modified February 15 2018 01:04 PM