About the UVM Federal Work Study Program
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a form of financial aid that provides employment opportunities to help students meet educationally related expenses. FWS is awarded in combination with other aid programs to meet students’ financial needs. An undergraduate, graduate or professional degree student that is enrolled or accepted for enrollment at least half-time and demonstrates financial need may be eligible for FWS. International, Global Gateway and/or Continuing Education students cannot be considered for FWS.
The FWS program is available for the academic year which runs from the first day of classes through the last day of exams in the spring semester. It is strongly encouraged to create a work schedule that will allow the employee to achieve the following:
- Commit ample time towards their academics
- Maintain structure/balance in their weekly schedule
- Earn consistent wages as opposed to having too much and then too little
Important deadlines related to hiring an employee awarded FWS through the Student Employment Jobs Board (JobX):
- October 1 @ 4:30 PM: deadline to hire fall only and full academic year awarded employees into their first fall/full academic year FWS position.
- February 15 @ 4:30 PM: deadline to hire spring only awarded employess into their first spring semester FWS job.
Off-Campus Community Service Contact Information
Refer to this document for a list of off-campus community service employer contact information.
Last modified February 02 2018 03:18 PM