Student Financial Services
Find a job
Although UVM has more jobs available than eligible students for the Federal Work Study Program, we do not assign students to positions — students must secure their own. But never fear! There are usually more jobs than there are students to fill them.
To Secure Your Position
The deadline to be reported as a hire is October 1 (in the Fall Term) and February 15* (in the Spring Term)!
To SUCCESSFULLY secure your position please ensure the following has been completed:
Accept your Federal Work Study Award.
Log into the Student Information System to accept your Work Study Award.
Please note: If you are eligible for Federal Work Study, it will be included in your UVM Financial Aid Award. If you were not awarded Federal Work Study but are interested in working on or near campus, consider contacting UVM Career Services.
Agree to the Terms & Conditions of Work Study Employment.
Log into the Student Information System to review and acknowledge the terms and conditions of Federal Work Study employment.
Access the Jobs Database
Log into the Federal Work Study Job Database to search for and apply for Federal Work Study jobs. To access the jobs database:
- Log into the UVM Student Information System .
- Once logged in, navigate to "Student Financial Services" followed by "Other" and "Work Study Jobs Database".
Find a Job!
In the jobs database:
- Search for jobs using the "Job Search" tab.
- Search for departments using the "Employer Directory".
- To apply for the job, look for the "How to Apply" field in the job posting and follow the instructions provided.
The hiring supervisor is responsible for reporting you as hired in the jobs database. Once you are reported as hired:
- The Federal Work Study Coordinator will approve your hire. To verify your hire has been approved, select the "View My Activity" link in the Work Study Jobs Database.
- Watch for your confirmation e-mail from the Work Study Coordinator confirming you are hired and . Until you receive this e-mail, you are not officially hired.
- PRINT OUT THE CONFIRMATION E-MAIL.
Human Resources Paperwork
Review your confirmation e-mail from the Work Study Coordinator. If your status is listed as "N", you will be required to complete paperwork with UVM Human Resource Services. Review the paperwork details provided in the confirmation e-mail.
*does NOT apply to those who have a work study job in the previous fall semester.
Last modified August 01 2011 01:49 PM