Student Financial Services
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
The University of Vermont provides funding for 35 Yellow Ribbon Scholarships for out-of-state undergraduate students, 2 Yellow Ribbon Scholarships for out-of-state graduate students, and 5 Yellow Ribbon Scholarships for College of Medicine students on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must be 100% eligible for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) in order to apply for this scholarship.
Students must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Benefits as determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs in order to apply for a UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship.
Applications are accepted from out-of-state undergraduate students, out-of-state graduate students, and in- and out-of-state medical students.
Yellow Ribbon Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as determined by the date the application is submitted. Applications are available beginning on or around June 1st for the following school year and must be submitted online.
Students awarded a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship must provide their Post-9/11 GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility to the UVM Registrar's Office in order to verify their eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship. The Certificate of Eligibility should be provided to the Registrar's Office as soon as it is available and no later than November 1st.
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship Award Value
UVM offers the following Yellow Ribbon Scholarships:
- 35 Out-of-State Undergraduate Yellow Ribbon Scholarships estimated at $10,464 per year ($5,232 per semester).
- 2 Out-of-State Graduate Yellow Ribbon Scholarships at $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester).
- 5 College of Medicine Yellow Ribbon Scholarships at $10,000 per year ($5,000 per semester).
The total value of Yellow Ribbon Funds cannot exceed the difference between the student's actual tuition and fees and the amount paid by the VA under the Post-9/11 GI Bill
Length of Scholarship
Students awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will remain eligible for it provided they meet the following criteria:
- Remain enrolled
- Remain 100% eligible for and continue to receive Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits
- Renew the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship with Student Financial Services annually by May 31st
- If a student does not renew his/her scholarship before May 31st, he/she may fill out the scholarship application when available to be considered with the first-time applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Study Abroad & Summer Session
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship funds are not available for summer session courses or during any semester in which a student studies abroad.
Last modified April 26 2013 10:40 AM