Student Financial Services
Scholarships and Education Benefit Programs for Veterans
For general information regarding GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program, please visit www.uvm.edu/sfs/veterans.
For comprehensive information about the VA Education Benefits for which you may be eligible, visit www.gibill.va.gov.
For information about support available to Veterans at UVM, please visit www.uvm.edu/~veterans.
UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (Application Required)
- A student must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Out-of-State Undergraduate, Out-of-State Graduate, and In- and Out-of-State College of Medicine students are eligible to apply.
- First-come, first-served scholarship. The scholarship application is available on June 1 for the following academic year. Students applying for this scholarship for the first-time or who have received the scholarship previously but did not submit a renewal application by May 31, will be selected for any open scholarship spots for the next academic year based on the date/time of application submission.
- Limited availability: 45 scholarships for Out-of-State Undergraduate students; 2 scholarships for Out-of-State Graduate students; 5 scholarships for In- or Out-of-State College of Medicine students
- For complete Terms and Conditions, please click here.
- Maximum scholarship amounts are estimated at $10,824 per year for Out-of-State Undergraduate students, $5,000 per year for Out-of-State Graduate students, and $10,000 per year for College of Medicine students.
- Students who are awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will receive a matching Yellow Ribbon Scholarship from the VA.
- Students awarded this scholarship must renew every year by May 31st, for the following year. Students who do not complete the renewal application by May 31st can submit the regular application when it becomes available and will then be considered with the first-time applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Last modified April 16 2014 11:53 AM