Student Financial Services
Graduate Student Scholarships
Graduate students at the University of Vermont are not eligible for general merit scholarship consideration. However, fellowships, assistantships and limited service scholarships may be offered through the Graduate College, or individual graduate programs. Please review the information that follows to learn of various funding opportunities.
- University based fellowships, assistantships, traineeships, and other stipend or grant opportunities.
- For more information, visit the Graduate College website.
- Nationally competitive fellowships which may provide funding for graduate education.
- For more information, visit the Honors College website.
Robert Noyce Scholarship (Application Required)
- The Robert Noyce Scholarship for Math and Science Teachers provides scholarships for professionals and those students who already have a Bachelor's degree who are seeking to become a science teacher in a high need school.
- Recipients must teach two years in a high need school district for each year that scholarship funds are received.
- Learn more and apply at the Robert Noyce Scholarship website.
AmeriCorps Scholarship (Application Required)
- Any student (graduate, undergraduate, or medical) enrolled in a degree program at the University of Vermont who has completed AmeriCorps service in Vermont and has been awarded a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is eligible to apply.
- AmeriCorps Scholarships provide a 50% match to the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for one academic year of study.
- Four (4) scholarships are awarded each year; recipeints are notified in August.
- For information about how to apply.
UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (Application Required)
- A student must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Only Out-of-State Graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Awarded to graduate students on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are chosen based on when they submit the application each year.
- Limited availability: 2 scholarships for Out-of-State Graduate students.
- For complete Terms and Conditions, please click here.
- Maximum scholarship amounts are $5,000 per year for Out-of-State Graduate students.
- Students who are awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will receive a matching Yellow Ribbon Scholarship from the VA.
- Students awarded this scholarship must renew annually for the following year.
Please also visit our page for external scholarship resources.
Last modified October 19 2015 09:13 AM