University of Vermont

Student Financial Services

Student Financial Services Information for Graduate Students

Information for Graduate Students

Incoming graduate students should click here for billing and financial aid information.

Related Links and Information

Frequently Asked Questions ... from Graduate Students

Below are the top questions we hear most often from graduate students. For more answers to frequently asked questions please view our FAQ page.

  1. What kind of financial aid can I get as a graduate student?

    Graduate students finance their education using a variety of options: financial aid, payment plan, graduate college funding, and more. Click here to view detailed information on the types of financial aid available to graduate students. Click here for information on funding from the Graduate College. Also, view our Paying for College page to learn about our payment plan option.

  2. I am starting my program in the summer; what FAFSA should I complete?

    For students who will take classes during the summer, the prior year's FAFSA is required. For example, to be considered for financial aid for Summer 2015, a student will need to submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA.

Work Study and Other UVM Employment

The Federal College Work Study Program is a need-based work program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Graduate students who are eligible for Work Study will see the fund listed as part of the financial aid award offer. Eligible students must accept their Work Study award each year prior to October 1st. UVM Career Services assists eligible UVM students in finding Work Study positions. Students who are not eligible for Work Study, should contact Career Services for assistance in finding other employment options.

Last modified July 08 2016 12:15 PM

Talk to us! View our hours223 Waterman Building85 South Prospect StreetBurlington, Vt 05405Phone: (802) 656-5700Fax: (802) 656-4076E-mail:
Contact UVM © 2017 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131