Choose your own tech-venture...
I need Microsoft Office:
- Incoming students can download Microsoft Office 365 at no cost, through Student Advantage. To obtain your copy of Office 365, you may go here: go.uvm.edu/getoffice.
- Read more about where you can get software on campus at uvm.edu/it/software/about.html.
I'm buying my computer through UVM:
- Pick up your computer in the Computer Depot on the 2nd floor of the Davis Center inside the UVM Bookstore.
I'm bringing a computer with me to campus:
- Wireless access points are available in all UVM residential halls. See www.uvm.edu/it/wireless for complete set up instructions.
- OR get the complete network set-up instructions at your residence hall's main desk or ask your RA to help you register on the UVM network.
- Residential Life recommends that you bring an Ethernet cable with you if you are interested in streaming, gaming, or printing in your Residential Hall Room. To register your gamming device, smart tv, apple tv, etc - please go to uvm.edu/techteam/playonline. Note: Wired (Ethernet) connection only.
- For Windows computers, download and install antivirus software, provided free of charge. This can be found at www.uvm.edu/software
- Business Administration students: bring your personal portable computers to 227 Kalkin Hall.
I'm having trouble!
- Have you activated your UVM Network ID and email account yet? Forgot your network ID password? Go to www.uvm.edu/account or call the UVM Tech Team at 802 656-2604.
- Check out the UVM Tech Team Facebook page: www.facebook.com/uvmtechteam
- Visit our knowledge base at www.uvm.edu/techteam
- Come to the Computer Depot Clinic in the Davis Center. For clinic hours visit www.uvm.edu/ets/help
- For general IT support questions call the UVM Tech Team Support line at 802-656-2604
- Business Administration students: call 802-656-0800 OR email email@example.com OR bring your personal portable computer to 227 Kalkin Hall.