Subject: COLLECTION (4) The ZUCK Book
From: WB or CM Hilbrich <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Aug 1997 07:51:28 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Zucchini Cobbler
Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Zucchini Spice Cake

Zucchini Chocolate Cake

This little wonder comes from The University of Minnesota Campus by way of
rec.food.recipes the Author was [email-masked] . 

The poster writes " This is from the Best of Bridge series of cookbooks -
the "Winners" book. (You won't have any trouble get your neighbours to
take this kind of zucchini!) " And I agree... If there were more creations
like this out there, I might even leave my Station Wagon unlocked. 

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 cups grated zucchini
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk.  Sift dry ingredients
and add to creamed mixture.  Mix in zucchini and chocolate chips.  Bake in
a greased and floured Bundt pan or a 9X13 pan at 325 for 45 minutes.
--

A  Zucchini a Day keeps the Doctor Away.

Well, the company that dropped in a few days ago liked your Quick Zucchini
Pie and have decided to stay for the weekend... Here is a nice breakfast
treat that will help you dispose of the monster that up until now was the
doorstop in the kitchen...... What did you say?? Those Unfaded Green
things don't look like apples, well I guess you will just have to get up a
little earlier than everyone else. 

Zucchini Cobbler

8 cup chopped, seeded, peeled zucchini (about 3 pounds)
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
Crust:
4 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup cold butter
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, cook and stir zucchini and
lemon juice for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add sugar,
cinnamon and nutmeg; simmer one minute longer. Remove from heat and set
aside. For crust, combine flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until
mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir 1/2 cup into zucchini mixture. Press
half of remaining crust mixture into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. 
Spread zucchini mixture over top; crumble remaining crust mixture over
zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375'F for 35-40 minutes or until
golden and bubbly.  NOTE: Most people will think this is made with apples. 

Zucchini, The Breakfast Treat that hard to beat.

What??? It can't be true !! The Zucchini (opps.. did you think it was
apple) Cobbler is all gone... but the weekend guests are still here. It
is time to try another breakfast treat... By the way, I've noticed that
the dog doesnUt seem very hungry these days.. hmmmmm

 Zucchini Carrot Muffins

2  cup  shredded carrots
1  cup  shredded zucchini
1  cup  chopped peeled apple
3/4  cup  flaked coconut
1/2  cup  chopped almonds
2 tsp. grated orange peel
2  cup  flour
1 1/4  cup  sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4  cup  vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Gently toss together the first 6 ingredients and set aside. In a large
bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry
ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in vegetable
mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 375' F
for 20-22 minutes or until they test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before
removing to rack. Makes 18 standard size muffins. 

OK... Maybe I should apologize for this.. but this is just too interesting
to let pass.. Author was [email-masked].

Bill

 Zucchini Spice Cake

2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup (5 oz) chopped dates, well packed
1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, room temp
1/2 cup butter
2  eggs
3 cup grated raw zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 13"x9" pan or 9" Bundt pan. Sift together
dry ingredients. Stir in the nuts. In a blender or food processor, puree
the dates with apple juice concentrate and butter.  Add the eggs and blend
until just combined. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the zucchini. Add the
dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture, mixing just enough to blend.
Spoon into the pan. Bake for 35 - 40 mins. (50 to 55 for Bundt pan) Cool
the pan on wire rack. 

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.
Path: swen.emba.uvm.edu!cam-news-feed2.bbnplanet.com!cam-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!cpk-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!news.bbnplanet.com!infeed1.internetmci.com!newsfeed.internetmci.com!192.48.96.126!in2.uu.net!198.59.162.1!news.rt66.com!news.rt66.com!not-for-mail
From: WB or CM Hilbrich <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes
Subject: COLLECTION (4) The ZUCK Book
Followup-To: rec.food.cooking
Date: 31 Aug 1997 07:52:42 -0600
Organization: cloudnet.com
Lines: 133
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: world
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: WB or CM Hilbrich <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: mack.rt66.com

Zucchini Pineapple Tidbits
Zucchini Coriander Soup
Il Moro Cream of Zucchini Soup
Joan's Zucchini Dish

Zucchini Pineapple Tidbits

OK.... Here is the problem: You need pineapple chunks, because the Lake
Wobegon Travel Club is featuring Hawaii this month, but Bob's Pretty Good
Grocery is out of them. Now it is too early to really claim to have a Zuck
Problem... but you never know when the Zucchini crop might get ahead of
you, so when Bob Ross posted this recipe to rec.foods recipes, you went
for it !!! And only the brave readers of this newsgroup will know for sure
if you got away with it.

Zucchini Pineapple Tidbits

Peel 2 large zucchini (remove seeds).
Cut into chunks to resemble pineapple chunks.
Add 1 - 48 oz tin unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 cups white sugar
Combine above and bring to a boil.  Remove,
Add 1 - 3 oz pkg pineapple jello powder.
Pack in sterilized jars.

I have used this recipe and you would swear that you were eating pineapple.
It is also very good mixed  in with baked beans.

Enjoy.....
R.J.(Bob) Ross  Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Internet:  [email-masked]

                    Zucchini Coriander Soup

Recipe By     : Gourmet Magazine - 6/90`
Serving Size  : 4    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Gourmet Magazine                 Soups

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method

 1/2  cup           chopped onion
2      tablespoons   olive oil -- (28 Ounce  can )
 3/4  pound         zucchini -- cut into 1/2" pieces
1 1/2  cups          chicken broth
1 1/2  cups          cilantro -- fresh, chopped.
2      teaspoons     lemon juice

In a large saucepan cook the onion in the oil over medium low heat
stirring until softened.  Add zucchini and salt and pepper to taste.  Cook
covered, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.  Add broth and 1 1/4 cup
water and simmer covered for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. 
Remove pan from heat and add coriander and let cool.  Puree in processor
in batches, transferring to bowl.  Add lemon and salt and pepper to taste. 
Serve room temperature or chilled.  4 cups or 4 servings. 
This recipe is from the L.A. Times.

Kay

Il Moro Cream of Zucchini Soup

5 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
8 zucchini, chopped
2 boiling potatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt, pepper
2 quarts chicken broth
1 bunch basil, chopped
1 bay leaf
[I added 1/4 cup cream.]

Cook oil and onion in large saucepan over medium heat until softened.  Add
zucchini, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste and cook several minutes. 
Stir in chicken broth and cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft,
about 50 minutes.  Add basil and bay leaf and simmer 10 minutes longer. 
Remove from heat.  Discard bay leaf.  Puree soup in blender until smooth
and creamy.  [This is where I added the cream.] Serve with garlic
croutons, if desired. 

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Each of 8 servings, without croutons [and without cream], contains
about:

130 calories; 430 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat;
8 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 0.73 gram fiber.

Here is a recent recipe from Cooking Live, formatted for MasterCook.
Hope you like it.  - Peg Baldassari

   MM: Joan's zucchini dish
-- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03

  Title: Joan's zucchini dish
Categories: Vegetables, Side dish
  Yield: 8 Servings

  2 md Size zucchini diced
  1 lg Red bell pepper sliced
  1 lg Green bell pepper sliced
  1 lg Onion sliced
  1 ts Curry powder
       Salt and pepper
  2 tb Honey
       Optional:
  1    Sm box mushrooms sliced

Saute onion and pepper in a small amount of oil or butter in pan until
crisp tender. Add zucchini and continue to cook until zucchini is tender
but not soft. Season with curry, salt and pepper. Stir in a bit of honey
to sweeten as desired. If using mushrooms, saute with the onion and
peppers. Mixture should fit a 2 quart casserole. Reheat as needed. 
Flavors really blend nicely together and improves with age. Great with
poultry. 

-

Joan,"Flour Power"

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.