Subject: Zucchini Cobbler
From: Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Feb 1997 06:59:36 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Zucchini Cobbler

8 cup chopped, seeded, peeled zucchini (about 3 pounds)
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Crust:
4 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup cold butter
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, cook & stir zucchini & lemon
juice for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add sugar, cinnamon
& nutmeg; simmer one minute longer. Remove from heat & set aside. For
crust, combine flour & sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until  mixture
resembles course crumbs. Stir 1/2 cup into zucchini mixture. Press half
of remaining crust mixture into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Spread zucchini mixture over top; crumble remaining crust mixture over
zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375'F for 35-40 minutes or
until golden & bubbly.

NOTE: Most people will think this is made with apples.
-- 

                  The Johnson Page is at:
           http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/jmjohnsn
~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.