Subject: Zucchini Cilantro Dip
From: Sara Heuvelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:31:07 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Zucchini Cilantro Dip

1 1/2 lbs. zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 8 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup packed cilantro leaves
1 garlic clove
3 Tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar w/Roasted Garlic (Nakano brand is my
favorite!)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 jalapeno peppers (optional)

Line a large baking sheet with a clean dish towel;  spread zucchini over
towel.  Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt; let stand 5 minutes.  Roll
zucchini in towel; squeeze out moisture.  In food processor, combine
zucchini, garbanzo beans, cilantro, and garlic; process until smooth.
Add vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and jalapeno, if desired; process
10 seconds.  Adjust salt to taste.  Serve dip with chips, carrot sticks,
cucumber slices, or pita wedges.  It only takes about 15 minutes to
make.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.