Subject: Zucchini Bars
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 2000 07:22:18 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Zucchini Bars

You won't believe it isn't apple!

6 to 8 cups peeled and sliced zucchini, seeds removed
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 sticks butter or margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cook zucchini in lemon juice until tender. Add 1 cup sugar, nutmeg, and 1/2
teaspoon cinnamon. Let simmer for two minutes. While zucchini cooks, combine
the flour, 2 cups sugar, salt, and margarine . Add 1/2 cup of that crumb mixture
to the zucchini to thicken. Pat 1/2 of the remaining crumb mixture into a
greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Spread zucchini
evenly over crust. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the remaining crumb mixture
and spread over the top of the zucchini. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40
minutes.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.