Subject: Ziti with Acorn Squash and Roasted Garlic.
From: "Strawberry Girl" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Feb 2000 05:44:14 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Yum!!!

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                Ziti with Acorn Squash and Roasted Garlic

Recipe By     : Vegetarian Planet
Serving Size  : 4    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    :
  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1                    acorn squash
   6      tablespoons   olive oil
  15      large         garlic clove
   1      pound         ziti pasta
     1/3  cup           white wine
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
                        freshly ground pepper -- to taste
     2/3  cup           Parmesan cheese -- grated
     1/4  cup           walnuts -- lightly toasted

Preheat oven to 375F. Cut the acorn squash in half, remove the seeds, and place 
the halves on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake the squash for 1 hour or until
the flesh is soft. Let the squash cool, then spoon out the flesh from the shells
and chop it fine. About 1/2 hour after the squash has begun baking, roast the 
garlic: toss together the oil and the garlic, and place them in an oven-proof 
dish. Bake the garlic, uncovered, alongside the squash for 30 minutes or until 
the garlic is lightly golden. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and 
cook the ziti until it is just tender. Drain it, reserving 3/4 cup of the 
drained pasta water. While the pasta cooks, spoon the roasted garlic with its 
oil into a large skillet. Add the wine and the reserved pasta water, and bring 
the mixture to a boil. Let it boil for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped squash 
flesh, and boil the sauce for 3 minutes more. Take the skillet off the heat. Add
the ziti to the sauce, and stir well. Add the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese 
and toss. Divide the pasta among plates, sprinkle the walnuts over, and serve 
with additional Parmesan. 

Christine
[email-masked]
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.