Subject: Collection (2)Yakisoba
From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Oct 1999 08:48:57 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

YAKISOBA

3/4 to 1 lb. boneless inexpensive steak (semi-frozen)
2 pkg. Birds Eye frozen
Japanese or Chinese style vegetables
3 to 4 pkg. Ramen noodles, broken up
soy sauce
salt and pepper to flavor
2 Tbsp. oil

Cut semi-frozen steak into thin bite size pieces and stir-fry over medium heat 
until thoroughly browned, heat 2 quarts water to rapid boil while stir-frying 
meat. Add 1 to 2 seasoning packets of seasoning mix from noodles to steak. Add 
Ramen noodles to water and boil 3 minutes. While cooking noodles, add vegetables
and soy sauce to taste to steak and heat thoroughly. When noodles are done, 
drain and add to steak and vegetable mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Note: 
Chicken, pork or shrimp can be substituted for steak.

MIKADO YAKISOBA

1 1/2 lb. fresh soba noodles
6 Tbsp. vegetable oil (divided)
2 cup sliced onion
2 carrots, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
1 cup chopped cauliflower
3 cup nappa or bok choy, chopped
6 Tbsp. Japanese Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. sake
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. small cooked shrimp

Cook the noodles in boiling water until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain and 
rinse in colander and spread them on a kitchen towel to dry slightly. In a large
skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat, then add onions, carrots,
zucchini, cauliflower and nappa or bok choy. Stir-fry until the carrots begin to
soften. Remove from pan. In a small bowl, stir together the Worcestershire 
sauce, sake and salt. Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a skillet and add 
the noodles. Toss with wooden spoon until the noodles begin to brown. Add the 
vegetables and shrimp, then pour the sauce over them and toss mixture until well
combined.  

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.