Subject: Weiner Schnitzel (Holstein)
From: Joel Ehrlich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 20:23:32 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Responding to: Susan Marie Burris <[email-masked]>

 SB> I would really like a good authentic recipe for wiener schnitzel.
 SB> Every time it's made here it's just like a soggy breaded  tasteless
 SB> mess. Something that turns out really well.

Hmmm. It's actually a fairly straight forward preparation. Here's the
way it goes:

 Wiener Schnitzel    No. 535                            Yields 4 Servings

 1 1/2 lb        Veal Cutlets             3/4 Cup       Butter
     4           Eggs                       4           Lemon Slices
     3 tsp       Milk                       4           Anchovies
     2 tsp       Cooking Oil                            Seasoned Flour
   3/4 Cup       Bread Crumbs

Pound the veal down to about 1/4 inch thick.
Mix the egg with the milk and cooking oil.
Dip the veal cutlets into a bowl of seasoned flour and then dip quickly
in the milk/oil/egg mixture.
After dipping, sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
Brown the veal cutlets quickly, place on a rack and let dry for at least
20 minutes.
Saute the cutlets in the entire quantity of butter two full minutes per
side.
Continue to turn and cook for a total of ten minutes.
Garnish with a fried egg (a la Holstein), lemon slices and a rolled
anchovy on each cutlet.
Serve warm.

Joel
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.

Path: swen.emba.uvm.edu!banzai!imci2!news.internetMCI.com!newsfeed.internetmci.com!news.ac.net!news.cais.net!mr.net!newshub.tc.umn.edu!newsstand.tc.umn.edu!not-for-mail
From: [email-masked] (Andrea Bernhaupt)
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes
Subject: Wiener Schnitzel
Followup-To: poster
Date: 18 Jun 1996 07:58:07 -0500
Organization: Computing Services, University of Salzburg
Lines: 31
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Andrea Bernhaupt)
NNTP-Posting-Host: maroon.tc.umn.edu

Wiener Schnitzel (yield: 4 servings)

Ingredients:
4 veal cutlets
pepper
salt
1 egg
flour
breadcrumbs
butter or oil (when you use chop cutlets take lard)

Put the cutlets into a keep-fresh folio and pound them carefully (don't 
damage the meat! Remove the folio after pounding). Salt and pepper the 
cutlets. Roll them first in flour then in whisked eggs and at least in 
breadcrumbs. Heat the oil/butter until traces of flour thrown in cause 
bubbles. Fry the cutlets slowly at both sides until they are golden/brown. 
Serve the Wiener Schnitzel immediately.

Some tips and tricks:
- the taste of the schnitzel depends on the breadcrumbs: take (if       
possible) crumbs made from (Vienna) rolls
- add some carbonated mineral water (2 - 3 spoons) to the whisked eggs -
  the bread-crumbed cutlet will become more crisp.

--
rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions to [email-masked]. 
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.