Subject: Warm Scallop Salad
From: MARNI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:29:10 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Warm Scallop Salad

olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
freshly ground black pepper
1 lb bay scallops
lemon juice
1 large tomato, chopped
fresh herbs

Heat a small amount of olive oil in a saute pan.  Cook onion until limp.  Add
celery and cook briefly.  Add garlic and bell peppers, season with the pepper,
and cook until barely soft.  Set aside.

Add a bit more oil to the pan.  Saute the scallops until cooked through.  Mix
in the vegetables.  Add lemoon juice.  Remove from heat.  Add herbs and tomato.
Serve over pasta or on lettuce that has been dressed with lemon juice and olive
oil.

-Marni

rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions go to [email-masked].
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.