Subject: Veggie Burger Mix
From: "Hilary Gwilt" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 May 2000 12:03:13 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Veggie Burger Mix

  1/2   cup    Dry garbanzo beans
  1/2   cup    Dry soybeans
  1/2   cup    Dry lentils
  1/2   cup    Yellow split peas
  1/2   cup    Instant brown rice
  1/2   cup    Rolled oats
1       pkg           Dry soup mix or
                     Salad dressing mix
  1/4   cup    Bread crumbs
  1/4   cup    Cornmeal
1 1/2   tsp           Baking soda

Put the ingredients one by one in a blender.  Turn on the blender.  Run for
cover (it's pretty noisy).  When everything is reduced to powder, combine i
a container.  To use, mix 1 cup of the mix with 2/3 cup HOT water or
combination of water and barbecue sauce, water and wine, or whatever other 
liquid
you can think of. Let sit 15 minutes, then form into 3 patties. Cook in a
pan coated with nonstick spray. NOTE: If you use barbecue sauce as part of the
liquid, they will brown much faster - must be the sugar in the sauce. This
recipe makes 4 cups.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.