Subject: Vegetarian Mushroom Pate
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Mar 2000 06:13:30 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Vegetarian Mushroom Pate

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped or pressed
8-10 ounces mushrooms, chopped
1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried savoury
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
dash of ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic,
and saute until onion begins to soften (be careful not to burn the garlic).
Stir in the mushrooms, lower heat, and cook for about five minutes, stirring
occasionally. Add all seasonings and stir to blend. Reduce heat and simmer
for about ten more minutes. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings if
necessary. Allow to cool a bit, then puree in a food processor or blender.
Chill in a covered container until ready to serve. (Also freezes well.)
About 2 cups.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.