Subject: Campbell's Vegetable Lasagna
From: [email-masked] (Lei G)
Date: 25 Aug 1996 19:49:13 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

VEGETABLE LASAGNA

from: Campbell's Dry Soup Mix Cookbook

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups water
 1 pouch Campbells Cheddar cheese Soup mix
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (8oz)

Preheat oven to 375 deg F. In 10 inch skillet over medium - high heat,
cook spinach, carrots, onion, basil, pepper and garlic in butter until
onion is tender, stirring often, In medium bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the
water into soup mix until smooth. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups
water, mixing well. Add to skillet. Over medium-high heat, heat to
boiling, stirring constantly,. remove from heat. In small bowl, stir
together, ricotta, egg and Parmesan until well mixed. In 9 x 9 inch baking
pan, spread about 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles
over vegetable mixture, trimming to fit pan. Spread with 1/2 of the
ricotta mixture, then 1/2 of the remaining vegetable mixture. Sprinkle
with 1/2 the mozzarella. Repeat layers and cover with foil, bake 30
minutes. Uncover, bake 15 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before
serving Serves 6

Note: canned cheddar cheese soup works  well too.. 
~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.