Subject: Veal Oscar
From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Sep 1996 06:09:05 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: Brian and Faythe <[email-masked]>
 >Subject: Veal Oscar
 >I was wondering if anyone out there possible had a recipe for
 >Veal Oscar.  

 VEAL  OSCAR

 Ingredients :
 2 1/2-3 lbs. veal, fresh top round or
    cutlets
 1 lb. crabmeat, jumbo lump
 4 eggs
 2 cans white asparagus
 1/2 lb. butter
 1 lemon
 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
 1 dash Tabasco sauce
 1 oz. white wine
 1 bunch parsley, fresh

 Preparation :
    Trim your veal of visible fat and cut into 2-ounce portions.
 Always cut across the grain of the meat.  With a meat mallet, pound
 veal into a thin medallion - three medallions per person.  Gently
 feel through the crabmeat and remove any shells, being careful not
 to break lumps.   Prepare Hollandaise sauce as follows:  Separate
 egg yolks from egg whites and place yolks in a stainless steel
 mixing bowl.  Add the juice of 1 lemon, Dijon mustard, Tabasco
 sauce, and white wine and whip with a fine whisk.  In a saucepan,
 completely melt the butter and hold for later use. Over a pot of
 boiling water, whisk the egg yolk mixture until slightly thickened.
 DO NOT COOK TOO FAST.  If egg mixture begins to scramble, start
 over.  When soft peaks form, remove from heat and slowly whisk in
 melted butter, 1 teaspoon at a time.  When all butter is
 incorporated, set aside in a warm place until ready to serve.  In a
 saute pan with very little oil, sear the medallions of veal on both
 sides and place on a baking sheet arranged in 6-ounce portions.
 Divide the asparagus into 6 equal portions and place the asparagus
 spears on top of each group of veal medallions.  Place equal amounts
 of crabmeat on top of the asparagus, season with salt and pepper.
 Place baking sheet pan into a hot oven to heat up the asparagus and
 crabmeat.  When hot, remove from oven; place each serving on dinner
 plates, top with Hollandaise sauce and serve. Serves:  6.  (Prep and
 Cooking Time:  45 minutes)

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.