Subject: Veal Oscar with Bearnaise Sauce
From: [email-masked] (SAM WARING)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 22:58:52 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

On 11 Sep 96 Brian and Faythe said this about that:

 BF> I was wondering if anyone out there possible had a recipe for
 BF> Veal Oscar.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03

      Title: VEAL OSCAR WITH SAUCE BEARNAISE
 Categories: Veal, French
      Yield: 6 servings

      6    Veal cutlets (1/4" thick;
           -sirloin cut)
           Salt & pepper
           Flour & butter
     24    Asparagus spears, warmed;
           -cooked tender
      2 T  Beef stock

MMMMM----------------------SAUCE BEARNAISE---------------------------
      1 c  Wine vinegar
      1 c  Wine, white, dry
      8 T  Shallots, minced
      4 T  Tarragon, fresh
      4 T  Parsley, minced
      4 T  Chives, snipped
           Salt; to taste
           Black pepper; to taste

  Flatten the cutlets, lightly, on both sides with a mallet, heavy
  knife or rolling pin (a 2 x 4 works well).  Season with salt and
  black pepper. Dip in flour.  Saute in butter over a moderate heat,
  turning the cutlets several times until done to golden brown.  Place
  on a large warmed platter. Pour the beef stock into a hot saute pan.
  Let it cook a minute or so, then pour over the cutlets. Place four
  asparagus spears on top of each cutlet and sauce with spoonful of the
  bearnaise sauce.

  Sauce:  Boil wine vinegar and dry white wine with minced shallots
  fresh tarragon minced parsley and chives, salt and black pepper to
  taste. Boil until reduced by two thirds.

MMMMM

* Sam Waring                     [email-masked] *
* Disclaimer: The Infomail Association doesn't necessarily agree with *
*             my opinions and neither do I.                           *
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.